- 29 Nov 2018 1:21 PM
We have two new Hungarian family members - Juno and Mikan. Juno is an adorable, very mixed-breed dog who came to us from a shelter in Erd last December. Her name comes from the play "Juno and the Paycock" by Sean O'Casey. Mikan, a gorgeous ginger kitten, joined us in June aged just 5 weeks. She was then a tiny orange ball and her name is Japanese for mandarin orange.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you with your life in Hungary, and why?
10. What's not to love?
3. What’s the best party you’ve been to while in Hungary, and why?
Too many parties; too hard to choose.
4. What’s your favourite drink?
English, Irish or Scottish breakfast tea. Made properly and served with cold milk.
5. What hidden talents do you have?
I make the best porridge and my Christmas pudding is awesome.
6. What was the most interesting travel trip you have ever taken?
Lots to choose from but a safari in Botswana was a dream come true.
7. If you were given a wish that could come true, what would you ask for?
World peace, obviously, and a life-time supply of tea.
8. What’s the last book you read, and movie you watched?
Book: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.
Film: “Outlaw King” about Robert the Bruce.
9. If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be?
“Is the kettle on?”
10. What is the perfect pizza toppings combination for you?
Four cheeses because cheese is the best food in the world.
11. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice.
12. On a scale of 1 to 10 how unusual are you, and why?
10 like everyone else in the world. We’re all unique.
13. What’s the best website you’ve ever visited, and why?
Dezeen.com because my son is their video producer and he creates wonderful videos about architecture and design.
14. Who do you admire the most, and why?
Nelson Mandela. Needs no explanation.
15. What do you like best and least about living in Hungary ?
So much to love. Beautiful Budapest, lovely countryside, walking, wine. The list is long. Least? The language is a challenge.
16. What has made the biggest impact on your life so far, and why?
My husband. We've been married for 35 years. That’s a long time to make an impact.
17. If you won USD 30 million, what would you do with the money?
Buy the essentials for a comfortable life and give the rest away. Too much money would be a burden.
18. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Within walking distance of Regent's Park in London.
20. In ten years from now what will you be doing?
Living, I hope.