- 10 Oct 2018 3:26 PM
Budapest is one of his favorite cities because of its diverse opportunities notes Galib.
One may enjoy its history, music, historical sightseeing, may benefit from its education and business infrastructure, as well as be part of its startup ecosystem, he adds.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
One of our co-founders Chingiz Mehbaliyev disclosed his idea of launching a B2B matchmaker as companies get hard time to conduct their B2B sales and meet their demands.
I got introduced to the idea and action plan, immediately got very attracted to the idea. Another co-founder Rashad Mehbaliyev proposed to launch this startup in Budapest and convinced us that it’s one of the vibrant startup hubs of Europe. This is what brought me to Hungary - my dream to launch this startup.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I have studied in the USA for 2 years and worked for UNHCR there as a fundraiser for another 1 year. I did my Master’s in International Relations.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Although Hungary is landlocked Central European country, it’s a great place to do a business and people own a great business culture.
Moreover, Hungarian people value personal relationship in business and no matter what they aspire to keep friendly relationship with their business partners. Business attitude of Hungarian people impressed me a lot.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Budapest is pretty much a city for all tastes.
Friends may start with museums, wonderful green massive parks, cafes and restaurants with tasty national and international cuisine, very historical theaters, and end with noisy and crowdy bars and clubs with diverse music genres such as R&B, techno, trans, house, deep-house and etc...
So, Budapest offers fun for all kinds of people.
5. What is your favorite Hungarian food?
My favorite food is Lángos.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
I always have yogurt in my refrigerator as it’s very tasty and practical.
7. What is your favorite Hungarian word?
My favorite Hungarian word is ‘nagyszerű’.
8. What do you miss the most from home?
My family, nephew and niece.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I would devote myself to my current career and that is the best choice for me.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Librarian. I think too passive lifestyle for me.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Republic of Georgia.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Rio De Janerio - Brazil
13. What was your favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Favorite Band- Linkin Park, film - cruel intentions, hobby- playing football.
14. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Fast cars and races.
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
Movie as I am a practical guy.
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
19. Buda side or Pest side?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Never stop believing.